Have you ever had a workday where your eyes are so tired and strained from looking at the computer screen all day? Well, as a designer who spends about 9 hours a day staring at a computer screen this is definitely something that happens pretty often. But after one of my coworkers suggested these glasses, I tried them out and designing has never been better!
Eye Strain – Gone
So a few months ago I was having some really bad eye twitching (Like 3 weeks straight ) and I figured it was probably because of eye strain but I wasn’t sure how to fix it. Then one of my coworkers had these graphic design glasses that was supposed to help with eye strain (and let’s face it designers, when we are staring at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day it gets bad.) He offered to let me borrow them and just for wearing them for one day I could tell a huge difference. I didn’t get a headache at the end of the day and my eyes felt so much better. You’re probably wondering how do these glasses work? I did some research on them before purchasing a pair for myself and found some pretty awesome facts about it and all to be true.
1. The lens design prevents dry eyes, irritation and sharpens detail to ease eye strain
2. The lens material offers distortion-free optics for long lasting clarity in a durable, lightweight form
3. The lens tint filters blue light and UV to enhance contrast and protect eyes.
4. The lens coatings reduce glare to eliminate distraction and stress
There is a lot of more helpful information on the website (www.gunnars.com) if you want to read more about it. It had some great reviews too.
• Wide format lenses create a panoramic viewing field for high resolution viewing.
• Rigid lens mounting area keeps optics from degrading through lens flexing
• Curved nose rests provide even weight distribution and eliminate pressure points
Healthier Eyes / Less Headaches
I ended up ordering myself a pair of these glasses (they are a little pricy – $70 -but it is so worth it) and I’ve had them for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely LOVE them and think they are worth every penny. My 3-week eye twitch has gone away, my eyes feel better at the end of the day and I no longer get headaches from staring at the monitor all day! If you are a designer (or just anyone who is on a computer all day) these glasses are for you. There are a variety of styles they are offered in as well as 2 different tints (clear and amber) and frame colors. I ended up getting the Intercept glasses which have a black frame and amber lenses but there are also plenty of other styles to choose from to fit your designing needs.
So go check out these awesome glasses! You wont regret it. Happy Designing!
Written by: Brittany Ewart (from article on brittanyewart.com)
(Image & specs from gunnars.com)